Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Wha?

Serious? Like seriously sick?
This computer sucks... I can't print this comment on the last post or open the article given.... What if I don't treat it? What's the worst that'll happen? I've already taken too many courses of pills. And *who* is Figment?? I'm assuming it's a play off of 'a figment of my imagination'.. yet I am not about to take medical advice from my imagination or any figments thereof.

Bleh. I'm sad and angry. Sad b/c I don't want to be sick. Angry b/c of all the apparent misdiagnosi I've received thus far. If it's reendemic or whatever, I'll get it again anyway right? How am I supposed to treat the entire region? EVERYONE has the same symptoms. Bleh squared. Rups is so frustrated that she is speaking in the third.

Jennaiya, Sanj, if you're out there, please let me know what you think.

(so, yeah, it's been great. i'm ready to come home now.)

on another note, one of my especially cheesy journal entries is up on the Indicorps site. I'm playing w/ short stories... let me know what you think (even if you completely hate it and think that the malaria should just finish the job.)

much love,
sicko rups

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RUPAL! that wasn't to scare you! Malaria is only dangerous for the old and very young! You average out. You'll probably clear the infection yourself, but when the endemic plasmodium strain mutates you may get re-infected (which could be months). Think of it kind of like the flu. I mean, when you get the flu, you don't freak out, and lament the agonies of shakespeare...well...maybe YOU do, but the point being...kind of the same thing. The flu is dangerous in the very young and the very old. The thing with the strain Plasmodium f. is that it has the shortest cycle concerning fever (i think its 24h). Other strains can have a fever cycle of 72hours. That is the only reason its more serious, cuz the very young and old can't really adapt as quickly. As for some more drugs, mefloquine (pretty cheap too) is also a good one, but its side effect profile is not the best. But it works. So -bottom line- just think of yourself having the flu. I mean if you want to put things into perspective...riding on top of a trucks is more dangerous than having malaria. But i will grant you that riding on top of a truck is a little more fun than malaria. But just a little. I really hoped this helped and put you at some ease. I'll be calling you soon (next week hopefully). So calm down, before you get a case of hypochondrism. I hear thats pretty common out there too :)

Sincerely Yours,
Figment

P.s. you shouldn't really diss figment...i mean what better weapon against malaria, than one's figment :)
p.s.s. Something is telling me you are getting quite exasperated and annoyed with figment :(
p.s.s.s. Also, mosquito nets dipped in some type of pesticide had incredible success in decreasing the incidence of malaria (they last about 3 months or so). I would recommend that as a course of action too.

Anonymous said...

hey rupal. Jennaiya is right. I was wrong with my flu analogy. Those "malaria" naive are at a very increased risk. I'm still going go to call next week. But get treatment asap. I'm sorry for that information and i didn't want to scare you. I believe Jennaiya listed some drugs but do beware of counterfeiting.