Saturday, April 02, 2005

Things begin to click

Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't really fit any mold. I'm ok w/ this. I've come to appreciate always being a little different, always looking in from the outside. It gives me an edge - the ability to see things in a different perspective. I've come to terms with the occasional necessity to swim upstream and against the current. It's the way I was raised. It's because I know my path is unpaved.

But it is nice when the people I love support my decisions. It's an inner peace that can't be found in any other way. Soooo.... getting to the point....

I have a few opportunities open to me after this August. So I am thinking about staying back for a bit after my fellowship (After, of course, my family visits.... 3 weeks!!!! Yay!) If nothing else, the time will help me transition back into the life I led before I got here. (I can only imagine how traumatic it would be to go straight from a remote village in India back to life outside of Chicago without any time to adjust!)

The point of this entry is that (although my decision is still not 100%), I might stay for a while. And my family, who I thought would be competely against this, are actually super supportive of the idea. That simple statement eradicates so much anxiety. Having my family behind me makes me happier than I would ever let on.

I send a transAtlantic, intercontinental, oversea tackle hug to everyone I love. You know who you are.

:) (in the words of Vimal McBrother, "Wink!")

No comments: