Thursday, July 14, 2005

A voice cannot carry the lips and tongue that gave it wings; alone must it seek the ether.

- kahlil gibran

Kahlil and I have grown extremely close recently. I've read four of his books in the last few days. Man's a genius. Poet on a different plane.

Anyhow, quick question shot into space...
do you think it's possible to live without regrets? Take it to mean what you will. But I'm wondering what people think.
...

I've been trying to make a conscious effort to let my mind visualize how I want my future to look .. and, as a strange side effect, I've been having some *crazy* dreams. The cool thing is that my dreams will usually finish off the things I'm thinking about while I'm awake- except I'm not controlling my dreams and they're super vivid. Try it. It sounds hokey, i know, but man do I wake up happy.

:)

My parents and brothers are going to be here in less than 2 weeks! So excited. My uncle and his family may come too... meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

---------

and... kote swiped his mom's mobile... so you actually *can* get ahold of me until the 26th of July. Gujarat mobile 987968871.

1 comment:

Maximusdodo-ness said...

Its late here, 3:45 am, and i've now gone two weeks without drinking do to now...health reasons. I'm always so philisophical late at night and i loved your question. Plus it makes me feel good to pretend that you aske me :)

Regret? Personally i believe it is not. Without the memory of doing something one wishes otherwise, I don't think its possible to learn from it. Remembering the past and wishing we did otherwise gives me (i believe) the opportunity to maybe do otherwise in the same situation. Maybe the wonderful thing about regret is redemption. I really don't know, but i would be more than happy to be corrected....or is this one of those questions when there is no wrong/right answer!? :)

Stay safe, and i'm very happy that you'll be seeing your family :) As always tell your parents thanks for putting up with me for my endeavor of biking to orland park :) You see, i regret doing that, but i've redeemed myself by not doing that again (redemption :)