Monday, October 09, 2006

October 22- call for help!

Yesterday, I ran my last pre-race long run: 22 miles. Holy God.

After mile 15, I stopped and almost started crying. Running hurts, as does the fear of not finishing the race.

Here's what I realized: as much as running is a mental test, i.e. how far can you push your mind over your body, external forces account for a lot. Translation: I run better w/ other people running, and I push myself harder when I am reminded that people care if I finish.

So, if you are free on October 22, please, please, please come and support and yell for me and my mom to finish this mofo. Miles 18 through finish will be the toughest. If there's even a chance you can come, email me and I can send you the bib info. Apparently, there's a system where you can get text msgs of where we are on the course.

Eeesh. I haven't been this nervous in a looooooong time.

No comments: