Wednesday, January 31, 2007

2007 what?

Holy Lord. 2006 was a year of unbelievable learning. Now, 2007. So much has happened, is happening. I'm working full time at a truly inspiring job. Officially, an editor/teaching-artist/program director; unofficially, a facilitator of creating creative spaces for others. It's good. Rewarding, challenging, fulfilling and beautiful. But between that, teaching my class at U of C, the Community Leadership Fellowship and getting into shape, there are too few hours in the day. I had to give up teaching with After School Matters at Senn for the semester. :( Too many balls in the air.

Vish is awaiting undergrad decisions, Vim may be moving, Mom and Dad might be moving houses; God only knows what this year will bring for me. But it will be good. And necessary for becoming a better me tomorrow.

2007 resolutions:

*Be more proactive. Get up early and take advantage of my days, really focus on my follow through, be honest with myself on the projects I want to take on. It's ok to say no.

*Make more time to be creative. It's great to facilitate others, but sometimes I need to find spaces for myself. Paint, write, perform. Make time for coffee with the muses in my life.

*Push myself to think long term. In what direction do I want to build my 2007?

*Get into shape. Lose the post-marathon tummy: Angela's and Jennie's weddings are this year. My workouts are now about more than just me. :)

No comments: