Saturday, December 18, 2004

Totally unexpected. On both counts.

The teacher's family next door, the one that included us in their meals while we adjusted, just moved. So we are now on our own as far as food goes.

The surprise? When push comes to shove, and I actually have to cook, turns out I am pretty damn good. After all those years of shirking my mom's attempts to teach me :) Apparently some skills are hereditary. Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Naiya's wedding was AMAZING. I've never seen an Indian wedding more elegantly done. She's helped in planning so many weddings for others that when it came down to her own, she had every detail down to a tee. AMAZING. Growing up in the states, I was raised with fairy tale images of a woman in white, knowing that wouldn't be me. All the Indian marriages around me have been (no offense to anyone intended) cheesy States versions (there's only so much you can replicate in the states.) For the first time, I could actually picture what I want my own to look like. Definitely a first. With that being said, no one get any ideas! :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rupal thinking about marriage??
vimal in home alone pose (AGHHHHHHHH)

rupal said...

:)

Quiet, boy. :)

Miss you brother. Give everyone a big hug from me.