Monday, June 06, 2005

culture shock x 298739483984273984 =

this moment. Ask me where I am.

Yesterday, I finished errands ... walked out to to the farthest reaches of the villages...mid afternoon... 120+ degrees. ...

EEEEES HOT OUT HERE!!!

... then we hop a jeep with no doors and blow through a sand storm to a village about 25 km away. It's the village of this super sweet man that works with us. His son is getting married in 2 days; so we congradulate the groom before we head out of town for two weeks on business. (writing our research paper, then a retreat in Madhya Pradesh)

Point of ramblings:

Yesterday, at this time, I was pulling through villages in the midafternoon desert heat and sandstorms....

Today, I am writing a research paper on my laptop. I'm in a coffee shop in big city Ahmedabad. With wireless internet access. With an apple-walnut protein shake ( it's soooo good...). In air conditioning!!! And the things on the menu... things such as macchiatos or red bull or a brownie with ice cream?!?!?. Whoa.

Can we say culture shock?

.. yet at the same time, it's a total flashback to college. Cept the coffee here is better. As is the scene out the window.

Ok, my five day deadline on this paper looms. Must get back to work. Much love.

2 comments:

Maximusdodo-ness said...

not sure what that does. Anyone, i......have created a blog site. I've joined your cult. I hope your happy now, it required a soul, and three rupees...but i hope i think it was worth it : )

http://rxforrd.blogspot.com

leave me comments! I need to understand this weird and wacky world of....blogger....

p.s. I'm going through culture shock myself : )

Maximusdodo-ness said...

I don't know why i said anyone, but rupal...i hope you check it out : ) Mr./ms. anyone is also welcome to check it out : )