Thursday, December 15, 2005

Progress on the home front

Starting to answer the 'what now?' question has been the reason I fell off the face of the planet for a bit.

I've completely thrown myself into applying to jobs and grad school, heart and soul. (A HUGE thank you to everyone that helped me make the deadline today!!) Finding cool opportunities, meeting inspiring people, and, as always, so impressed with all the unbelievable things that my friends and family are up to (though they can never see it themselves).

Highlights:

1. Went to a forum organized by some amazing women who have all started their own things (dance companies, publishing, galleries, music tours) and are making a living doing what they love (all Indian, all artists -- I didn't know that it actually happens!) My jaw was dropped the entire time.

2. Crashed on my brother's apartment floor for a week to get advice from my old professors (weird) (luckily some ppl I know and love (that are my own age) live in town).

3. Chased a FedEx truck (to its main distribution center) (near Midway airport) (with my mom) (during a snowstorm).

4. Surrounded by, and super grateful for, all the crazy-inspiring people that push me to challenge myself. You guys rock.

so, long story short: no, I am not "home eating Cheetoes" as my cousin likes to believe.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

No comments: