Monday, June 26, 2006

26 years later... ,

My birthday weekend was beautiful! So, so impressed with how many people remembered! Thank you for the love!

This trip has been *really* good for me. I feel like I'm learning a whole lot.
On the 'work' side, I went to the Asian American Theater Conference representing YAWP!, the performance workshop where I mentor and teach. Spent some quality time with the youth, which was great. Also, I met some of the professors at UCLA- (I don't know yet, but the grad program is still a possibility.) Helped out with the Artwallah festival- got to paint a gallery wall red- and finally met Chamindika. And, it turns out I might actually get paid for teaching creative writing at a summer workshop (an income would be a step in the right direction!)

On the 'marathon training' side, yes, Mom, I'm keeping up. My runs are now up to 12 miles (!!!). For one of the runs, I hiked through Pasadena instead. Ended up swimming in a waterfall we discovered at the end of the trail. The moment was surreal.

On the 'super fly fantastic' random side (Greg's existential phrase), I randomly ran into a Raju in LA (a guy I worked with at my first exhibition at Manav Sadhna, India). He and his friend, Scrubs, made it their mission to make sure my b-day was unforgettable. So, through them, I met my first encounter with 'saki bombs' AND found my newest surfing teacher.

Also, I'm getting to spend some quality time with Kristi + Josh, Moni and co., Anup, and Ankur. Pankaj is flying in tomorrow.

Life has been really good to me.

No comments: