Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Molting and whatnot

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter." - Lewis Carroll

People say, "Change is inevitable." I wonder if evolution is. I have this super-unhealthy tendency to coast, and bury myself in the work I take on, which is probably pretty common. I just need to make more an effort to sit with myself and my choices, and really think about what I'm building towards.

I just had a birthday. Quite honestly, this past bday has been one of the hardest transitions I've ever had to work through, right up there with GraduatingCollege. (Most of y'all know why, involving an age-old promise to my grandfather). It took about 4 or 5 weeks of living under a relentless black cloud - but I'm climbing back. Somewhat like the scene in Homeward Bound, where the old dog finally claws out of the deep and lonely hole. Between this one and my next birthday, I feel myself getting ready to make whatever big decisions come my way and take on the changes that come along with them (though it is still, as always, ever so scary).

We generate our own environment. We get exactly what we deserve. How can we resent a life we've created ourselves? Who's to blame, who's to credit but us? Who can change it, anytime we wish, but us? --Richard Bach

-------------------------------
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY VISHODUSS!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: