Friday, November 26, 2004

EEEEEEP!

Where to begin?

Ok. What I’m thankful for… 2004:
#1 Family and friends that support the fact that I am in India doing the work I’m doing.
#2 The fact that I am in India doing the work that I am doing.

Fun recent happenings:

My last trip to Ahmedabad included waking everyone up before sunrise to go to ‘Laughing Club.’ It is nothing that you’d expect that to mean. Picture about 40 old men getting together every morning before sunrise, for the past ten yearsto get their daily exercise via a type of yoga that incorporates *laughing as hard as you can.* (It's surprisingly a workout!) Try to imagine the happiest way a Rup such as myself could start her day and that is exactly what it was. So funny!!!

I am training for the Mumbai Marathon. Typing it in this mofo is my contract with myself to follow thru on this … pending my health. I somehow found a decent pair of Adidii in the neighboring citay… and I’m trying to run every morning at sunrise. But the scenery doesn’t always make up for that extra hour of sleep. Dragging myself out of bed sometimes becomes a fight with myself. My body vs. my mind. Sometimes I fear it may escalate into violence. I don’t know what that means…. So I respectfully end this update here.

Much love to my family. Happy Tgiving! Miss you guys.

Snake run-in #2. A small one, inside our gate. The village kids luckily spotted it and we chased it out. No worries.

I met up with the potter in the next village over. He does everything. Sculpture, mud/mirror relief, painting… (as vim would say, ‘Wha???’) and he is willing to teach me. His family is apparently the only one left (in the world?!?!) that still does this type of work. Yay, new hobby! :)

All in all, life is happy. Good.
Now, the question is, who of y’all is coming out here to visit??? Can I get a witness? How bout just a phone call??? I'm willing to compromise.
:(
Rups in the desert have feelings ya know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For phone calls, maybe. But first, you have to tell this math-deficit Vietnamese boy what the time difference is...

Vince! "now w/ an exclamation point"

rupal said...

Hey MathDeficit Vince!

The time dif is 10 and 1/2 hours ahead.

Rupal;; (now with two semicolons)

:)