Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Hey friends

Diwali break is over ... i'm jumping a sleeper bus back to the village tonight.

Back to work.

Craziest discovery of the day--> There's a marathon in Mumbai in Jan! I want to run it. Desparately. Yet I'm left w/ less than 2 months to train. In the desert nonetheless! Man, I've been trying to run this mofo for the past 2 years. Year 1 - broke leg 2 places. Year 2- left country to find self. I never can predict where the next year will take me. It's kinda funny to realize that I'm already 24 and my life hasn't yet stabilized into something predictable. I don't want to let this opportunity go. Hmmm... we shall see.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of a stable life, let's talk updates shall we? Sara Baker, who I have known since high school spanish classes, has a little sister Erin, who I believe is 2 or 3 years younger than us. Sara and I watched Erin go through all of her high school phases (the goth eyeliner phase being my favorite). Somehow Erin lapped us both in the 'growing up' department and is now married... has a home and just a few weeks ago, gave birth to Emily. WHAT?!?!?! Congratulations, Erin! This news, however, effectively makes Sara and I the oldest people in the universe.

In Mumbai I got to hang out with the uncle I stayed w/ for my internship four years ago. So many memories flooded back. It was good to be back- I actually remembered my way through the streets. My little cousins are all grown up now and living large in Mumbai. My 19 yr old cousin is quite the Casanova now. Gross.

Man, I gotta jet. Like always. Much love from the desert. Jennaiya, I loves you too. Pass a hug to the corners for me.

No comments: