Thursday, September 16, 2004

Advantage of the internet

Totally trying to take advantage of the next while I still gots it. I'm in Ahmedabad for a week before hitting the desert... getting to know my NGO and whatnot. AAAAAAA!!! it has begun!!

Ummm.. so this morning... we went to a museum with art exhibits similar to what we're trying to do with our project... it was this little hobbit door in the middle of a busy intersection (no joke.. like a part of a drawbridge that you have to duck to enter...) ... there was a gatekeeper sitting inside telling us we would have to come back in an hour.... so we look around the park area and there's a little group of animals... (peacocks, chipmunks, pigeons, and these flaming green parrots) just chillin, eating breakfast together next to the grass. It was CRAZY.. and I didnt have my camera. :(

My mom told random relatives in India that I'm out here ... and so some auntie just called me (I have no idea who she is...) and invited me to two weddings. What? Who? What?? I don't know if I'll have the vacation time to do it but we'll see.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Rupal...i'm a random reader of ur blog..pretty good and all that..but its also fun to read about india from the point of view of a 'never lived in India' Indian. I'm Indian too and havn't been there for ages...wonder what it will be like when I go there next? Whatever made you want to take up NGO work? do you mind if i keep reading? because it seems to be a personal blog of sorts....

have fun while you're there!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rups,

First time blogger, long time reader. I've been running into your brother alot as of late. He's still rocking along. I'm trying to post to my blog more often so take a look, hopefully new stuff will be up by then. I'm glad that you're doing great and loving it and we all miss you.

Guess who hosted the Benefit show? I'll guess you're have to check up for an update.

Cheers,
Vince

Anonymous said...

Rupal,

I love reading this! I think you're doing an amazing thing, so keep it up for those of us who only wish they could do as much good as you!

So lots of love from B-town,

Mitesh