Sunday, February 27, 2005

Past the halfway point

I've been here six months. SIX. MONTHS! I.e. one half of one year.
Crazy, yet true. And, I'm out of my funk. Yay, me!

last week: I was about to miss a bus on the other side of town so I flag down the first guy I see to hitchhike a ride (completely safe, I had a friend with me), and it ends up being a guy on a motorbike with one of those sidecarts on the side. (Yes, apparently they still make them!) All I needed was a long scarf and some pilot goggles. :) The same week I caught a ride on a tractor, in a luggage carrier, and holding onto the back of a jeep. The hands down best way to travel is to travel broke. I'm going to try to make it from one coast to another w/o monies someday. Who's with me?

I apologize to everyone I haven't been emailing back. My email has been acting up the past two weeks.

A couple from Italy pulled through a couple of days ago. At one point I was translating between five languages. Wha?! Granted, I don't really have a command on any, including English, anymore. Anyhow, the guy was this bartender for a place he owns on the beaches of Genova; the woman is an accountant. An interesting combination of people for sure, but their dynamic was really unbelievable. It's beautiful to see people that bounce off each other that well. It made me happy.

Ok. I'm out. Big hug to everyone at home.

No comments: